Former Marist novitiate
4 montée Saint-Barthelemy, Lyon, France [ Map ]
In 1838, the Marist priests under Jean-Claude Colin moved into a property called ‘Puylata’ at Lyon, which had formerly been used as a Freemason’s Lodge. Puylata initially served as the mother house and novitiate of the Society of Mary. It is now a Marist school.
When Eymard entered the Society of Mary on 20 August 1839, he was welcomed ‘like a brother’ at Puylata by Jean-Claude Colin. Eymard began his novitiate at Puylata. Towards the end of 1839, he left Puylata to become spiritual director of the Marist College at Belley.
The Marist Places : Puylata (Marist Internet Project)